Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mill End

Today I revisited one of the favorite stores from my youth. Mill End Fabrics. It is a warehouse of fabric. It is 32 years old. It is in a run down part of town. A part that seemed like a completely remote location when I was 7, but has now been absorbed into the city. I had to call my mom to find out what street to take, and then found it quite easily. The kids and I went to pick some fabric for Christmas presents. It felt similar to going home and taking the kids to see where I grew up. I don't really know how often I went there with my mom, but it obviously made a big impression on my young mind. I hope it made a good impression on my kids. I hope they ask to go back some day and look around some more. An entire world of fun fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment