Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rising Generation

I was talking with my dear friend Arlene this week about an experience she had with her grandsons. During the conversation she shared with me 5 values she thinks boys need instilled in them to help them become good men. I agreed with her and wanted to commit the values to print...
(in no particular order)
1. Work ethic: willing to work hard, and gain skills to support a family
2. Kindness to children: patience, etc
3. Awareness of community and country. Actively involved in bettering both.
4. Respect for Women: mom, grandma, sisters, teachers, etc
5. Responsibility: Own up to mistakes, apologize face to face for them and repair the damage.

We all need a healthy dose of values. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, here you are. We're hooked-up. Been thinking about you today and there was a comment from you and two new posts. Perfect.
    I love your moments and introspection.

    I think I'm going to begin singing the praises of Lexapro. Or something of the sort. Been very low for a few months now and ready to address, I mean fix it.

    You remind me of my great life: Friends, love, blessings and our laughter together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come I didn't know you had a blog? You are in trouble! I miss you something awful. The funny thing is about our news is that we don't know what we're doing yet either. We were inspired to sell the practice. We now have a awhile to explore our options and just enjoy each other for awhile. About the reunion I didn't put anything together because of all of this business stuff. I would love to plan something next summer. I'm sorry I really wanted to. Love your guts! P.s. love your music

    ReplyDelete